Rock Climbing: Part 2
The next step for beginning and intermediate climbers
The Part 2 course is the next step for climbers who have taken our Intro to Rock Climbing Part 1 course or who have the equivalent climbing, belaying, and anchor building experience. Learn more advanced level skills and become competent following pitches of rock, building anchors, and setting traditional protection. This course also introduces students to some basic self-rescue components, and problem avoidance in single pitch rock climbing terrain.
Take your climbing to the next level on this course. We will take time to work with you on advanced climbing movements, such as crack climbing technique, and friction slab climbing. Some students choose the destination for this course based on the type of climbing they would particularly like to work on. Choose the 3-day option for more time to practice your skills and apply them on a multi-pitch rock climb.
At Southwest Climbing, we pride ourselves on quality teaching and a logical curriculum progression. All of our courses include course materials such as, assigned readings, handouts, skills check-lists, lesson outlines, and practice drills. We are excited to offer you a world class destination to learn in with an experienced professional instructor and guide!
Possible Learning Outcomes
- Equipment use and care
- Anchor Building with natural and artificial gear (Cams, Hexes, Stoppers, etc.)
- Lead belaying
- Following, racking, and gear removal
- Advanced climbing movement
- History and ethics
- Basic self-rescue components
- Belay station management
- Experience level: Introduction to Rock Climbing Part 1, or some climbing experience
- Length of trip: 2 to 3 days. We recommend the third day as a great way to practice skills learned.
- When and Where: We operate year round from our base in Prescott, Arizona and many other southwest destinations. Schedule a group course or private dates by using our sign up link.
- Participant maximum: 5:1 student to instructor ratio (3:1 for 3 day option)
- Pricing: Starts at $315 per person for 2 days, assuming a minimum participation of 2 people.