Big Wall and Aid Climbing
Come learn to climb BIG walls!
Come learn the skills to climb BIG walls. This 2 or 3 day option course will dial in the skills you need to get out on the big stone and start to climb those classic routes you have always dreamed of. This course is designed for those climbers that have solid lead climbing experience and want to expand the limits of their climbing by exploring new techniques. We use a combination of routes to practice skills, and our 3rd day option includes an ascent of a big route.
Possible Learning Outcomes
- Gear selection and use
- Aid placements (pins, heads, cam hooks, etc.)
- Clean Aid
- Belay station management
- Hauling and ascending
- Planning and climbing strategies
- Speed climbing
- Portaledge use
- Human waste and minimum impact climbing
- Experience level: Students must have taken our intermediate/advanced level courses or have similar experience, 5.7 lead climbing ability, solid knowledge of anchor building, rappelling, and multi-pitch climbing systems.
- Length of trip: 2 days with 3rd day option for an ascent.
- When and Where: We operate year round from our base in Prescott, Arizona and many other southwest destinations. Schedule a group course or private dates by using our sign up link.
- Participant maximum: 3:1 student to instructor ratio (2:1 for 3 day option)
- Pricing: Starts at $315 per person for 2 days, assuming a minimum participation of 2 people.